Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Between Dream and Miracle



Read this and since then it was etched in my mind.  The line goes like “you are something between dream and a miracle to me”. How beautifully articulated by the writer, Isnt’t it? I was going through my Facebook posts at random and came across this one by my professor, nah…my guide, nah..my mentor… aah no my friend….Well, she is one person I have always looked upon as a guide, mentor, friend, idol.  She has been my confidant with whom I could share possibly anything and everything without any fear and knowing I would be out of the situation however bad it (was) be with her expert suggestions.  Ever since I passed out from my college where she used to teach me English, I or rather ‘we’ have been in touch constantly.  It has been like more than 4 or may be 5 years we haven’t seen each other despite staying in Delhi (both of us).  She is very kind enough to remember my birthday and wedding anniversary and do wish me on both the occasions.  Well, I in particularly do wish her on September 5 which is a ‘Teacher’s day’ and of course on her birthday too.  Honestly, I do not remember her wedding anniversary in fact, I never asked her about it.

So later in the day when I logged in my FB account, I saw her post where she was expressing herself while wishing her son happy birthday.  The sentence written by her got inscribed in my mind as I mentioned above at the very onset of my piece.  It was very beautifully expressed about the feeling she has for her son which is “something between a dream and a miracle”.  

Often when out of words, we find phrases to complete the blank space for that word but this in particular touched my heart instantly.  Why? May be because being a mother myself, I could relate to it - the relationship between a mother and a son.  I fondly remember the chilly early morning of December when I was rushed to the hospital by my parents (since my husband was away at work in the other town) to deliver my son.  It was freezing cold and I was in pain, immense pain for about 2 and a half hours.  The chaos, the screams got over and a sigh of relief was taken immediately after I heard the baby crying.  Yes! I told myself; (taking a deep breath) I am a MOTHER!!!! 

When I first held him in my hands, I was teary eyed and thanked god for blessing me with this lovely miracle.  My husband often says, “It’s a miracle”.  He still says and feels this is god’s creation which is unbelievable.  I cannot forget how euphoric he sounded on phone when he came to know that he’s a DAD!!!  He just couldn’t believe.  He arrived late evening.  It was a new year’s eve (31st December, 2003).  He held him in his hands and gave a contented smile looking at him.

Blessed, he shared that emotion of great happiness with me in the hospital.  

And today Aarohan (my son) turns 12!!! God! Time is just flying.  This boy makes my heart melt.  The affection and care that he shows for me gives me a feeling of how blessed I am.  Yes, he is my dream come true, a miracle for us (me and my husband).

I wish him god’s choicest blessings, a life full of health, wealth and success.  My boy, “Grow up to be a good human being, respect all and stay away from all evils”. 

Happy Birthday my son!!!!   




No comments:

Post a Comment